Abdullah has been practicing law since 2013 between London, Saudi Arabia, and Dubai and teaches in International Construction Law and International Economic Law. Abdullah’s previous experience as a Construction Engineer has proven invaluable in advising and negotiating technical matters on behalf of clients.
Saudi Arabian Bar
Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
PMP – Project Management Professional – certified
AVS – Associate Value Specialist – certified
GBSS – Green Belt, Six Sigma – certified
PhD-Cand, Law, University of London Brunel, London
GDL/LPC, University of Law, London LLM in Construction Law, Strathclyde University, Glasgow
LL.B., Islamic Law (Sharia), Imam Mohammad bin Saud Islamic University, Riyadh
MEng, Construction Engineering & Management, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
BEng, Building Engineering, King Faisal University
• Knowledge of the Saudi legal landscape, with a specific focus on the construction industry, where he has advised on various matters including cases involving:
— delay analysis, loss and expense, insurance and bonds issues, liabilities in construction contracts, fixed and cost contracts, and other contracts such as FIDIC forms 1999/2017, NEC3, JCT, Saudi Public Procurement contracts, and PPP/PFI contracts.
• Advised large multinational construction companies on their joint venture arrangements with Saudi companies as well as their rights in construction disputes.
• Advised private equity firms on their legal due diligence and the acquisition of a majority shareholding in an international consulting firm.
• Advised large oilfield services companies on their acquisition of the shares of their joint venture partners in a Saudi company.
• Advised large Chinese construction companies on their due diligence and acquisition of shares from a joint venture partner in a Saudi company.