Akef has advised several investment banks and financial institutions operating in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the structuring of initial public offerings and listing on the Saudi Stock Exchange of single and multi-asset Shari’ah-compliant real estate investment traded funds (REIT). His experience in advising Private Equity Funds and Venture Capital Firms enabled him to advise several startups and SMEs on setting their strategic agendas and raising outside capital promoting their rapid growth.
LLM with commendation in International Banking and Finance Law – City University of London
UK LLB (Law), Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon
• Advising on the structuring of initial public offerings and listings on the Saudi Stock Exchange of single and multi-asset Shari’ah-compliant real estate investment traded funds (REIT).
• Advising on, setting up, and incorporating a foreign bank in Saudi Arabia by advising on and drafting all their conventional and nonconventional (Shari’ah compliant) documents.
• Advising on mergers and acquisitions transactions in the banking, pharmaceutical, educational, and food and beverages sectors, in both the Saudi and Lebanese markets.
• Overseeing the reverse takeover of a privately owned Limited Liability Company by a Saudi publicly listed company in compliance with the Capital Markets Authority’s Rules on the offering of Securities and Continuing Obligations (ROSCO), which addresses capital increase by way of rights issue.
• Advising on a wide range of turnkey contracts, such as EPC, BOT, and BOOT on behalf of employers, developers, and contractors.