Anas specializes in international joint ventures and cross-border mergers and acquisitions where his background in Shari’ah, along with his western qualifications, have proved invaluable in addressing legal matters within the region. Before joining KN Legal, Anas worked with major international law firms in Saudi Arabia and in California. He is also a certified engineer in the State of California and has worked for a major engineering firm as an electrical engineer.
State Bar of California
District of Columbia Bar
J.D. (cum laude), Thomas Jefferson School of Law
LL.B., Islamic Law (Sharia), Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University
MBA, San Diego State University
BS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
• In-depth experience of advising foreign corporations and government agencies on compliance with Saudi laws.
• Experience in leading major international transactions, as well as dispute resolution proceedings, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
• Advising Saudi government agencies on regulatory matters including:
— the drafting of major energy and transportation laws and regulations, and
— advising Saudi government agencies on compliance with international treaties.
• Advising on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters and projects including the formation of major joint venture companies, involving local and foreign shareholders in various industries (engineering and construction, oilfield services, and manufacturing).
• Advised on the transfer of shares and raising of the capital of several oil services companies and has played a major role in advising some of the leading Saudi companies on Sukuk issuance and compliance with the regulations of the Capital Markets Authority.