Tony’s experience includes advising major international clients in developing, expanding, and operating energy and petrochemical projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and throughout the Middle East and in the State of Texas. He has developed a deep knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations guiding foreign entities within the region and has valuable experience with foreign investment procedures. Tony’s clients include government entities, alongside multinational companies looking to establish, or enhance, their presence in the region through Shari’ah-compliant corporate structuring, joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions, corporate takeovers, and other various forms of corporate
structuring and governance.
Texas State Bar
Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
American Bar Association
Houston Bar Association
International Law Society
J.D., Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C.
Certificate of International Business and Trade, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
B.A. (Economics), Baylor University, Waco, Texas
• Advising on a wide range of turnkey contracts, such as EPC, EPCM, BOO, BTO, BOT, BOOT, and others.
• Represented owners and contractors in developing IPP, IWSPP, petrochemical, refinery, and other projects.
• Acted on behalf of IOC’s, NOC’s, independent contractors, and consortiums.
• Supporting government entities with regulatory matters including:
— assisting with the drafting and implementation of local rules and regulations, and
— ensuring compliance with a government’s international commitments made through agreements such as GATS, GATT, TRIPS, bilateral free trade agreements, double taxation agreements, and others.
• Advising foreign entities on investment matters, trade restrictions, and cross border business dealings.
Spanish (working knowledge)