Jin has 14 years of experience advising companies on energy projects around the world. He is a specialist mediator at the Singapore International Mediation Centre, chair of the Energy & Resources Committee at LAWASIA, an international arbitrator at Korea Commercial Arbitration Board International, chair of Energy & Nature Resources at the International Association of Korean Lawyers, co-founder of Energy Related Arbitration Practitioners(Korea Chapter), an advisor at Korea Plant Industries Association, a member of Marketing & Communication Committee of International Gas Union, and co-chair of Energy & Industry Committee at Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Korea.
Jin’s experience across the energy value chain (particularly oil & gas) in developed and emerging markets has enabled him to effectively advise clients on various transactions and other legal matters.
- Advised stated own companies on the development of a major hydrogen and LNG project development, including joint study agreement, joint-development agreement, joint venture agreement, project financing, offtake agreement, and EPC contract
- Advised a stated own company on breaches of joint venture agreements with a value of over USD 100 million
- Advised stated own companies and private companies on direct and indirect investment in various international projects in Australia, Canada, Bangladeshi, Canada, Cyprus, India,
- Indonesia, Iraq, Korea, Kuwait, Mozambique, Myanmar, Oman, Qatar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Singapore, the U.S.A., Uzbekistan, Vietnam
- Advised stated own companies on all aspects of major LNG projects with an aggregated value of over 10 billion USD
- Advised a stated own company on a share purchase agreement for LNG projects in Australia and Canada with an aggregate value of over USD 5 billion
- Advising stated own companies on multiple LNG sale and purchase agreements with an aggregate value of over USD5billion
- Advised private companies on multiple EPC contracts (Canada, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Singapore, Vietnam, and
- S.A.) with an aggregate value of over USD 15 billion
- Advised a private company on contract management, claim management, and dispute management in Canada, contract value more than USD 3.5 billion