Mark has led transactions across varied sectors of the energy and infrastructure industries, including upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas, thermal power, renewable power, LNG, carbon gasification, energy transition, petrochemicals, private M&A, and construction and procurement.
He has done deals on every continent and has represented or worked with foreign governments in both commercial and regulatory roles relating to energy and infrastructure development.
Mark’s experience includes construction and procurement contracts, foreign government concessions and offtake arrangements, LNG supply agreements, PPP projects, domestic oil and gas transactions, fuel supply and transportation contracts, power purchase and related agreements, and operation and maintenance agreements. He also has represented a range of development companies in negotiating M&A, equity, and debt arrangements.
- Representing the developer of an emissions-free airport-to-resort transportation project in Utah
- Represented a Chinese SOE as an anchor off-taker from a large Mexico-based LNG liquefaction project
- Representing the developer of an LNG regasification facility in Aruba
- Represented the contractor/developer in the construction and financing of a large construction project in NEOM, Saudi Arabia
- Representing the developer of a blue methanol project in Louisiana
- Represented a Chinese investor in the acquisition of two hydro-electric projects in Chile
- Represented the New and Renewable Energy Authority in Egypt in its re-structuring of renewable power offtake agreements for wheeling to private customers
- Represented the government of Taiwan in its investment in two offshore LNG projects in Australia
- Representing the developer of a SAF facility in the Permian Basin, Texas
- Represented the developer of an LNG regasification facility in El Salvador (LNG procurement and construction)
- Represented the developer of three large gas-fired power facilities in the PJM and MISO grids (U.S.)
- Represented the sponsors in the development and sale of a solar-generating facility in Guam
- Represented the government of Taiwan in its purchase of a Niger oil and gas concession and project from a large Chinese state-owned company
- Represented a large developer in the construction, offtake, financing, permitting and equity structuring of multiple wind farm developments in Texas, California, Nevada, and South America